1) We wish to thank our volunteers who helped to make the December Ultreya happen. Now it’s your turn to get involved. We need your volunteer spirit to fill one of the following roles:
Witness Speaker backup
These require little experience and you will be guided by a member of Leader School. Beginning with January, we are asking that you commit to participating for three Ultreyas. The goal of this commitment is to generate a spirit of community among the volunteers, which occurred when weekly Ultreyas were held at the downtown Cum Christo Center. Ultreya is a community function. If you are enjoying the visual format and wish them to continue, then you need to volunteer and get involved.
2) We have been notified that due to a postal system error, some of the donation responses sent to our mailbox address (referenced in our Sustaining Fund letter) were “returned to sender.” This situation has been corrected. If your donation was returned to you, please resubmit your donation. We thank you for your continued support.
3) Don’t forget there is always a need for Palanca for these Ultreyas. Submit your written Palanca here. We ask that you follow our tradition and simply sign your palanca as a brother or sister in Christ and notate your weekend number.
4) In the past, Cum Christo has gathered food, toiletries or other items for those in need. Since we began gathering at the St James the Less ministry Center, our collection has been designated to their Food Pantry. This collection has traditionally taken place during our December Ultreya. The delay is the result of the logistics required to make the collection happen.
The current plan calls for donations to be collected at designated sites. The donations will then be accumulated and provided to the St James Food Pantry in February. While the timing does not coincide with the Christmas season, we believed that February will be most beneficial as donations are often below the norm at this time. Currently, we need three volunteers to work with Ed Cush who has agreed to spearhead this program. We need one volunteer in the south, east, and west areas of Columbus. If the Spirit of Christmas Giving is moving your soul, please contact Ed Cush for further details.
Watch your emails for further information on this collection in the coming month.
5) There are leadership positions that need to be filled. It is always a blessing, honor and privilege to serve God in any capacity in the Cum Christo Movement.
Post Cum Christo Section Head
6) Please keep our community in prayer especially those who have been affected as a result of this Pandemic.